Mobiles phones that support wireless charging
Wireless charging technology may have existed for years, but it is only from 2017 that you have begun to implement it at a more practical level with slow and steady steps. It is more widely known to consumers mainly than the mobile phones that support it and can charge wirelessly without the need for a cable. In fact, there is a small chance that it supports wireless charging and your own mobile phone and you do not know it.
Wireless charging, of course, has quite a few downsides but it’s important to note that the last few months have been well overdone. In particular, the biggest disadvantage is the charging rate which is much slower than the wired charging. But in recent months we have seen mobile flagships approaching even a wired charge.
Almost all flagships now support cordless charging so not all will be mentioned. Let’s look at some phones that support wireless charging.
Which mobile phones support wireless charging
- Xiaomi Mi 9 | It comes first and best as it remains a top flagship killer even now. It supports wireless charging of up to 20W and is probably the most economical on the list.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 | It was announced in 2013 and was one of the first mobile phones to support wireless charging. But only for specific markets and not for all models. It was so slow that it took about 3 to 4 hours to fully charge. Now all Samsung flagship brands support it.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 | I mention it because of course, it supports wireless charging (18W) but also because it is one of the few mobiles that the wireless is included in the box in all versions, unlike the rest.
- Nokia 9 PureView | Nokia has been ‘lost’ for quite some time and Nokia 9 is one of the first mobile phones to support wireless charging (10W).
- Google Pixel 4 | Pixels could not be absent from the list as they are Google mobile. However, it has been slow to incorporate technology into its devices as compared to the competition.
- LG G8X | LG every year seems to be lagging behind in terms of mobile phones. Although the G8X is a new model it only supports 9W wireless charging.
- Realme + OnePlus | Although Realme and OnePlus are making strong and competitive proposals, they lag far behind in wireless charging. Almost no cell phones have them! Xiaomi is one way if you are looking for wireless charging at a very reasonable price!